Identify opportunities to build and diversify your business. This course examines more than 25 different opportunities within the construction industry that are ideal for expansion. Explore the different approaches and options diversification allows including commercial building, remodeling, special use structures and institutional projects. You'll analyze the factors that affect success in diversification and learn the due diligence steps to take when preparing to diversify.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- -Define the concept of diversification and identify its related benefits and risks
- -Identify types of businesses that provide diversification opportunities for builders, remodelers, residential contractors and small commercial contractors
- -Consider aspects of each diversification opportunity before selecting it as a viable option
- -Determine whether diversification is a desirable option
- -Identify due diligence that should be performed once an area of diversification is chosen
Instructor: Tom Stephani, GMB, MIRM
Course Length: 6 hours
NAHB Continuing Education: 6 hours toward CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
Required for NAHB Designations: GMB, GMR
Important Registration Details:
Please note this course is non-transferable. Do not use another individual’s login information to register for this course. You must log in to nahb.org as yourself to receive a certificate of completion and credit for this course. If you are registering as a member, please use a PIN associated with your legal name. NAHB PINs are tied to a person, not a company.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Registration is open until 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Monday, October 19. Cancellations will also be accepted until 3 p.m. ET (12 p.m. PT) on Monday, October 19. After that date, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged per cancellation. Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to Deborah Krat at: EdWebinars@nahb.org.